JOB TITLE: Tasting Room Manager
LOCATION: Albany, OR
POSITION TYPE: part to full-time, hourly
Deluxe Brewing and Sinister Distilling is looking for a Tasting Room Manager to join our team!
The Tasting Room Manager oversees operations and staffing of the bar, develops a knowledgeable and engaged staff, creates a safe and fun atmosphere for staff and customers, and sets a positive example for the rest of the bar staff to follow. You will be charged with being a great company ambassador while following our Mission/Vison/Values. You will be expected to be the authority on product knowledge, programs and event planning in the Tasting Room.
A successful candidate for this position MUST be honest, reliable; possess exceptional people skills, and must be a firm but supportive leader. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently to solve problems. The candidate must be willing and able to train a top quality staff of passionate beer and spirit enthusiasts to share our products with the public. At this time, the position will include half of their hours bartending.
Position Summary: Responsible for co-worker team development, profitable growth, and enhanced customer experience.
Enhanced Customer Experience
• Maintain a welcoming, educational, exciting and inviting experience
• Manage Tasting Room guest satisfaction and overall brewery and distillery visitor experience
• Organize promotional events and activities
Co-worker team development
• Manage Tasting Room co-worker schedule and staffing needs
• Manage brewery/distillery human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and counseling Tasting Room staff; communicating job expectations
• Maintain safe, healthy and sustainable Tasting Room environment
• Exceed guest expectations of Deluxe Brewing and Sinister Distilling
• Meet Tasting Room financial objectives as they relate to overall brewery/distillery goals
• Manage Tasting Room budget
• Manage inventory and participate in merchandise selection to forecast inventory needs
• Analyze trends on visitors, events, beer, spirits and merchandise
Essential Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or applicable work experience
• Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and spirits and the brewing/distilling industry
• Cicerone Certification desired or willing to achieve certification
• 3 years minimum bar/restaurant, brewery/winery, retail management
• Purchasing, inventory controls, marketing, social media and budgetary controls
• Knowledge and experience with Square POS System
• Must be able to work weekends, evenings and events
• Must be able to regularly lift and carry 60 pounds and move 165 pound kegs
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and proven leadership skills
• Valid Driver’s License
• OLCC Service Permit
The right person will be an important part of the management team. We are looking for a team player, and one who is excited about the challenge of helping to build the long-term success of Deluxe Brewing and Sinister Distilling. Compensation will be based on experience.
If you’re interested in applying, cover letters and resumes should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org please no calls or walk ins to the brewery.